Sunday, January 30, 2011

First Things First...Party People

The first thing we've completed as an engaged couple is quite simply the easiest part, the bridal party and groomsmen. When you know you're going to eventually get married before even being engaged, you think of these things all the time, so of course it was the easiest decision and overall the very first item of our wedding to be set into stone. I wanted to post my groomsmen and Brittany's bridesmaid's with a short explanation why because I know a few things that came up in my mind when deciding was "who and why". I asked my Fiance to give me her bridal party with a brief explanation of why. What I got was a book....sorry. Here are her own words:

Maid of Honor: Kayla
            Kayla and I have been friends since the first day of Kindergarten when we were five years old.  She boldly marched up to me and asked, rather impatiently might I add: “Are you be my friend?!” Since that day almost 17 years ago, she has been my best friend.  She has stood by through everything, always offering a shoulder to cry on or a joke to make me laugh.  We have a unique friendship that has stood the test of time, and I couldn’t imagine my life without her.  She’s the Hermione to my Harry! (Why am I always the boy!?)

Bridesmaid: Brianna
            Since Brianna and I were little, we were always of the understanding that we would have our childhood best friends as our Maids of Honor.  We both realized that we have the bond of sisterhood to tell one another just how much we care; that the honor and sentiment behind the position of Maid of Honor should go to someone we love who doesn’t share that bond with us.  Brianna is the most kind, caring, and sensitive older sister.  She was always one to look out for me and help keep my head on straight.  Despite our many differences, she’s still my sister and I love her so much, even though I reject her hugs 90% of the time ;).

Bridesmaid: Nicole
            Ohhh my Wifey! I met Nickie in 2004 when we worked together at Stop and Shop as Personal Shoppers for Peapod.  The beginning of our friendship was anything but typical.  Nickie is really shy when you first meet her and thus, she can come across as “stand-offish.”  Regardless, we became very good friends pretty quickly with the help of our “hood time” and eventually became one another’s “wifey.”  She always has an ear to lend if you’re upset, is incredibly selfless, and one of the most dedicated people I know.  

Bridesmaid: Bryanna
            Even though Bryanna and I just met in 2010, she is quickly becoming a very close friend.  We met when she began dating Chris’ friend Sean.  We became close in going on double dates and joking at the blooming “bromance” between our significant others.  She is incredibly kind and generous.  Bryanna is definitely one of the bubbliest people I know and can always be seen with a smile on her face.  Even though we’ve only known each other for a few short months, she has become one of my closest friends.

With that out of the way, I'll post mine as well and keep the novel to a minimal. 

Best Man - Mike
         My best friend, without a doubt the only person I'd even consider as a Best Man. Plus, when you've been drunkenly telling him you're going to need him as a best man well before you even meet your future life partner, you're pretty much bound into a verbal contract. 

Groomsman - Smitty 
          My oldest friend. I have known this kid since Kindergarten, going as far back as being in the Cub Scouts together. When you've known someone as long as you've been capable of making your own friends, making fun of each other for getting glasses and hiding wine bottles in the backs of his toilet...you can't walk down an aisle without him there too. 

Groomsman - Corey
           Funniest kid I know. When I moved back to Woonsocket in 6th grade from Connecticut, he was one of the first friends I made when returning and we've all been close since Middle School still. When you move into a new school and have little to no friends, you gotta stick to the ones who say they're collecting money for a pizza party at the end of the year, then take your money to McDonald's on the way home. 

Groomsman - Sean 
            Met at Game Crazy as co-workers, hated working w/ someone who wouldn't talk and was known for killing the air at work with his awkwardness. The truth comes out when you find common grounds with Arrested Development and suddenly you're getting offered dollar bets to do the most random things in public. Grown into one my closest friends over the past few years, you hope everything works out for each other and now my Groomsmen list is complete. 

 There it is, the first item of our wedding set in stone. The only thing that has bothered me is this ranking system that I know everyone's going to be viewing the 8 of these friends. For me at least, these friends aren't ranked 1, 2, 3, 4 and I want everyone to know that. When you have such a close knit group of friends, there is no rank, just equal standing. Of course you're going to favor certain friends on certain occasions for certain events, but in something like this, it's just simply your four closest friends by each of our sides. Almost two months of being engaged, and it seems we have finally gotten the ball rolling. 


- King Trembeaux -  

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWW <3 :D Brit, you can be Hermione if you want. It's your wedding, you should get to be the girl ;-) I'll be Harry. And, since Chris is a Weasley, he can be Ron!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmfao!! It wouldn't be the same if I wasn't the boy so I guess I'll stick with it! ;)

    annnd ps, I LOVE how you say I write a book and your entry for Sean is just as long as most of mine... pot, meet kettle. Coincidentally, it's Sean's that is longest... which is ironic since he's your boyfriend and all ;) <3 jayyykayyyy

    ReplyDelete