Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Idea For a Blue Print

I'm 22 years old...I'm on the cusp of entering the real world with a college degree in Sports Management from Johnson and Wales University...I live with my parents....and I have a wedding to plan.

I got engaged on December 1, 2010 in Disneyland (Anaheim, CA) after less than 2.5 years with my then girlfriend, now Fiance, Brittany. How it all went down is actually completely irrelevant to this blog and the purpose of said blog, however it is still single handedly the most mind blowing moment in my life when looking back on all the extensive routes of planning and deceitful webs spun, but that's for another day. In fact, the whole point in making the moment just THAT special was for Brittany to be able to re-tell it with fondness, and not for me to toot my own horn. I personally feel uncomfortable telling it from my point of view because I didn't do the things I did to one-up people or build my case as the standard or bar to be compared to with other engagements....Perhaps I'll have her write it out in her own words to post on here to share, if she'd want to. But I digress...

By getting engaged in December '10, and only being 22 years old, I have officially become the first out of my Justice League of Friends to do so. Between the two of us, we have about 8-10 really close friends that matter more than anything to us, and there is no sign in sight of any of them getting to the point in life where we are...relationships itself aren't a frequent occurrence either, and we were the only "couple" for the longest time. With this engagement, comes the obvious follow up question, "when's the big day?" and to be honest, we have nothing planned as of yet. To be even more blunt, we don't even know the proper steps and avenues to begin searching with. Yeah, we're getting married, that's what getting engaged means, and yeah, we've semi-sorta been planning our wedding long before the actual engagement. But...the fact remains...when you suddenly go from 'boyfriend" to "Fiance"...shit gets real, fast. Suddenly, all those conversations about potential ideas and concepts become for realsies and suddenly you're just not brainstorming, but you're starting to write things in ink.

Without getting too ahead of myself, that is what this blog will boil down to. Of course, it's going to be also a lot of musings and thoughts for myself to vent out to since I'm a very opinionated individual who often finds a lot of fault in his generation,  but more than anything this blog is going to be a documentation of the engaged life, and act sort of as a blue print or playbook for friends and family to look back on and even possibly use as a reference. Being the only ones amongst our close knit friends, we really don't have too many resources at our disposal, so if we have to be the guinea pigs, then so be it. All our friends seem to be fascinated with the concept of a "wedding" and it ushers in a new era amongst all of us that everyone goes through in their lifetimes where it seems everyones' getting married at once, so now they have a place to indulge. I already know our wedding is going to be a perfect event for us, it's just a matter of how we travel down the road to perfection and what steps to take in getting there.

- King Trembeaux -

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea, sweets. I think it's a phenomenal idea to not only write this as a possible reference, but also to document the memories we will undoubtedly make! I am so excited to actually plan OUR wedding and take this very first step toward our new life together!

    (annnnnd I would absolutely like to post our engagement story on here!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice set up, trembeaux. And i loveeee that you still use "King Trembeaux" !!!

    -Kaylerrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said kiddo! As one of the "Mammas" in your life, I want you to know how proud of you and of Brittany that I am. It goes without question that I love my daughter and as a mother I want my baby to have the best of everything. I'm not talking about monetary things, but of the things in life that truly matter: health, happiness and the love of the perfect man. You my dear are the perfect man for my "Bunny"! Your kindness, sense of humor, integrity and most importantly your unconditional love for my little girl, will give her a long and fulfilled life. For that I thank you My heart is full...being so grateful that BOTH of my girls have found their soulmate!

    Congratulations!

    Love,
    Mamma M.

    ReplyDelete